Wednesday, February 15, 2012

It's #148 of Thrifty Thursday

Hi! It's #148 of Thrifty Thursday!  I am your host, Leigh. Thank you so much for stopping by and additional thanks to those who also participate in Thrifty Thursday! I am most delighted to have you join in..for it's YOU who makes it a "show and tell party". I also participate in Tablescape Thursday the host of that fun carnival is the Hostess with the Mostess...Susan of Between Naps on the Backporch. That's no lie or exaggeration, each week I visit Susan's porch and just long to be a guest at any of her tablescapes...especially those held on the porch.
(You can click on any pictures for a closer view)

*Thrifty Thursday takes place each Thursday and is hosted here at Tales from Bloggeritaville, but the party is a progressive one, visit the links to see all the Thrifty Thursday links to see the thrifty treasures participating bloggers have to share.

*Don't forget to copy and paste the Thrifty Thursday logo button to your computer so you can add it to your side bar and your Thrifty Thursday post. That way visitors will know that your are participating in Thrifty Thursday.














This week, I am sharing some of the adventures with my girlfriends (affectionately known as the Clematis Club) in Mentone, Alabama. Today for Thrifty Thursday I thought I would take you shopping with us! The van is cramped, but there is always room for one more! Buckle up!



















We visited one of my favorite Mentone antique shops, located in a two story grand old hotel, the antique store is called The White Elephant Antiques.


















Each room is divided by the seller. Some have themes, some do not.
Here is a look at some of the things I saw:
Lots of jars & bottles:
































Vintage Buttons for $1.00 a set



















We'd like to thank our families who put up with our antics, we'd like to thank our therapist,  we thank the academy for the nomination and for voting us most likely to poke fun at our own expense.
Oh! We found some old trophy's and had some fun!



















"High Mae" found a birdhouse she really liked:



























Numbered Canisters:
























I adored this cabinet with it's chippy paint charm. It would be precious in a kitchen to use for a second pantry, or in a bathroom or even a mud room:
























It had it's original hardware and care with a decent price tag, although I am certain it could be talked down to even less!
























Check out these pottery plates. There were 6 and cost $12.00. They didn't match my kitchen.


















It was this wooden framed piece that made my heart flutter though.....


















I can imagine it painted heirloom white. I would use chalkboard paint on the inner wooden piece. Cute! And for $45.00 not bad, though again, I think it could be talked down. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY wanted that piece. But I walked away. You can't have it all. And I was trying to conserve funds and space in the van since we were already very cramped. :(

I cannot wait to see the treasure you found this week! Last week, we had close to 70 contributors to Thrifty Thursday! Thank you for linking up with your fun finds and creative ideas! Thanks to all of you for stopping by and participating in today's Thrifty Thursday. Please use Mr. Linky below to link up your blog.I encourage you all to spread the love and visit the other thrifty Thursday participants, for that's what half the fun is. Aside from seeing a cool treasure it's making friends!

Thanks to all of you for stopping by and participating in today's Thrifty Thursday. Please use Mr. Linky below to link up your blog.

I encourage you all to spread the love and visit the other thrifty Thursday participants, for that's what half the fun is. Aside from seeing a cool treasure it's making friends!
You can always visit me on FACEBOOK,

I love me some friends: be they new friends or old friends!
XOXO
LIVE*LOVE*LAUGH
LEIGH



Thrifty Thursday Participants

4 comments:

Miss Kitty said...

Hi Leigh! thanks so much for hosting the party today. I have not been to Mentone in many years...the photos of your trip make me want to go again!

Chandy said...

I want those plates!!! Lovely finds, Leigh, you have an eye for finding awesome places to shop from.

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Thank you so much for hosting... I'm coming all the way from France for your party!!!

Creations By Cindy said...

Awesome eye Candy! Hugs and blessings, Cindy